About Riverside Marine
Riverside Marine is one of Australia’s leading and long-established marine companies, having been founded in Brisbane in 1926.
The company operates throughout Queensland and Western Australia. The services offered are diverse, but all have a connection with marine or shipping activity. They include sand & gravel dredging, sand drying & manufacturing, tug & barge transport, harbour towage, passenger and car ferries and charters.
Riverside Marine’s long-term success relies on:
- Providing high standards of customer service
- Meeting our legal obligations, codes of practice and standards
- Protecting the health and safety of people who work for us and receive our services; and
- Protecting the environment everywhere we operate
The successful candidate will be based at our Riverside Industrial Sands (RIS) office and will work closely with the General Manager to ensure all financial accounting and compliance requirements are met in a timely manner, whilst ensuring internal controls are followed and improved where possible.
Required Qualifications and Training
- Commerce or business degree with a finance or accounting major
- Qualified CPA or CA
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Pronto accounting system will be well regarded, but not essential
- An eye for transactional detail when performing deadlines
- Capacity to deal effectively with numerical data, make rational judgements and draw logical conclusions from available data
- Results-based focus, particularly regarding customer needs and quality expectations
- Effective time management and capacity to identify and organise resources needed
- Excellent attention to detail with quality output
- Energy, focus, commitment and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to working autonomously in a fast-paced environment as well as collaborating with and within teams
- Ability to quickly transition through areas of responsibility
- Commercial acumen
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Daily cashflow planning, monitoring and reporting
- Month end reconciliations
- Preparation of forecasts/budgets.
- Preparation and review of accounts for month end and end of year audit purposes
- Preparation of month end accounts and monthly reporting
- Monitoring commercial profitability of existing and new contracts;
- Providing financial modelling and commercial support for business improvement initiatives;
- Pricing reviews and analyses
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’ for this job. Navigate to our shores and we will be prepared to be interviewed by you! Our recruitment process is phased and includes psychometric testing and a pre-employment medical.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready
Riverside Marine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.