Join a dynamic family-business with diverse marine operations!
Bring your accounting & financial experience to this role!
Immerse yourself in the operational aspects of the company and work with management to grow the business!
About our Company
Magnetic Island Ferries is one of Australia’s leading marine tourism and transport operator and has been cruising within Australia for almost 30 years.
We're proudly Queensland-owned and operated by the Campbell family and are part of their exciting Australian marine transport group, Riverside Marine, which was founded in 1926!
For more information on Magnetic Island Ferries, please click here.
About the Role
The Management Accountant (MA) role is to ensure the Riverside Marine Townsville business meets or exceeds its commercial arrangements with clients and grows the Riverside Marine business in North Queensland. The MA is responsible for the accounting and administration of the Riverside Marine Townsville business in a timely manner, including ensuring stable financial performance through accurate recording, reporting and forecasting.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform the Management Accountant role
- Ensure contract obligations are met
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly board papers
- Preparation of quarterly financial forecasts
- Financial assessment of new business opportunities and projects
- Provide administrative leadership to the team
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor of Business (Major in Accounting or Finance)
- CPA or CA Qualified
- Strong financial and accounting literacy
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- High attention to detail
- Good problem solving and lateral thinking
- Team player
- Facilitator of change
- Willingness & ability to regularly travel to site and / or other business units
About the Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic business that is constantly expanding. Riverside Marine values its employees and provides many opportunities for career growth. You will enjoy a workplace where no bounds hold you back, allowing you to flourish in your new role.
You will experience a thorough induction and training period, some of which may be spent in other business units across Australia. These trips will introduce you to the business and help you gain an understanding of various company operations.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package!
Riverside Marine pride themselves on their highly supportive, close-knit company culture, and their friendly, open and inclusive work environment.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always Profitable
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’ for this job.
Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately to finalise your application.
Riverside Marine has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol use.
A pre-employment medical will be carried out as well as psychometric testing.