About Riverside Marine
Riverside Marine is one of Australia’s leading and long-established marine companies, having been founded in Brisbane in 1926. It operates the following divisions, each under their own brand:
- Riverside Marine Townsville
- Riverside Industrial Sands
- Riverside Pilotage
- Rivtow Marine
The company operates throughout Queensland and Western Australia. The services offered are diverse, but all have a connection with marine or shipping activity. They include sand & gravel dredging, oil bunkering, sand drying & manufacturing, tug & barge transport, marine salvage, coastal towing, engineering and maintenance, passenger and car ferries and charters.
Riverside Marine’s long-term success relies on:
- Providing high standards of customer service
- Meeting our legal obligations, codes of practice and standards
- Protecting the health and safety of people who work for us and receive our services; and
- Protecting the environment everywhere we operate
About the Opportunity
The Management Accountant (MA) role is to ensure the Riverside Industrial Sands, Riverside Marine WA and Rivtow Marine Queensland businesses meets or exceeds their commercial arrangements with clients. The MA is responsible for the accounting and administration of these businesses in a timely manner, including ensuring stable financial performance through accurate recording, reporting and forecasting.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform the Management Accountant role
- Work with BU General managers to prepare and deliver Strategic Plans and quarterly forecast reviews
- Ensure contract obligations are met
- Respond to client requests
- Write monthly board papers with variance analysis and ensure all transactions and reconciliations are recorded on time and accurately
- Provide assistance to General Manager as required
- Administer and attend client Contract Review Meetings as required
- Monitor cash position and cash flow forecast
- Authorise purchase orders
- Participate in internal and external audits as required
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor of Business (Major in Accounting or Finance)
- CA or CPA qualified
- Strong financial and accounting literacy
- High level user of Microsoft Excel
- Strong leadership potential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Good problem solving and lateral thinking
- Team player
- Facilitator of change
- Willingness & ability to regularly travel to site and / or other business units
- Proven ability to deliver commercial outcomes
About the Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic business that is constantly expanding. Riverside Marine values its employees and provides many opportunities for career growth. You will enjoy a workplace where no bounds hold you back, allowing you to flourish in your new role. You will experience a thorough induction and training period, some of which may be spent in other business units across Australia. These trips will introduce you to the business and help you gain an understanding of various company operations.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package!
Riverside Marine pride themselves on their highly supportive, close-knit company culture, and their friendly, open and inclusive work environment.
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’ for this job. Navigate to our shores and we will be prepared to be interviewed by you! Our recruitment process is phased and includes psychometric testing and a pre-employment medical.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready
Riverside Marine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.